Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you visit our website or fill digital forms published by us for our membership or events, we may ask for your personally identifiable information contact details, such as First name, Last name, Company name, Gender Information, Age or Age Group or Date of Birth, Residential Address, Email Address, mobile number, telephone number, photograph, video etc.
How we use your information
We may use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website and member database
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyse how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the HSS Norway and associated orgnizations, and for promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Send you SMS
- Find and prevent fraud
HSS Norway follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analysing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Advertising Partners Privacy & Cookie Policies
Note: that HSS Norway has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers
The following links may be helpful, or you can use the “Help” option in your browser.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS
If you would like to find out more about privacy, cookies and their use on the internet, you may find the following links useful:
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
HSS Norway does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website without parental consent, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.