Hindu Swayamsevak Sangh Norway (HSS) announces the tenth annual “Yoga for Health, Health for Humanity Yogathon” or “Surya Namaskar Yajna”. The 17-day event aims to create awareness about Yoga and its advantages in achieving a healthy body, mind and spirit. Surya Namaskar integrates simple Yoga postures in 10-steps that, along with easy breathing technique, can provide immense health benefits to both the body and the mind.
Each year Hindus worldwide celebrate January 14th as Makar Sankranti – a day that marks the change of season as the sun enters the sign of Capricorn or Makar. Makar Sankranti ushers in longer days; thus, the festivity symbolizes sunshine in life. To mark this occasion, HSS has been organizing the “Yoga for Health, Health for Humanity” Yogathon from January 14th every year
This year also, HSS invites community groups, Yoga centers, students, and individuals to learn and participate in Health for Humanity Yogathon. This program is open to people of all ages, gender, and races. Details of this event, training resources and advertising aids are available on this website.
To participate in the yagya:
- Register for the event at https://hssnorway.org/sny/registration
- After registration, you will receive an email with access to a google spreadsheet where you can update your daily suryanamaskar counts
- Do suryanamaskar at home every day with family and remember to add your count in the provided document / in the Facebook event / to contact person in your area.
- You can also join a daily common suryanamskar session at 18:00
HSS has organized the “Yoga for Health, Health for Humanity” Yogathon from January 13th to January 29th 2023.
The event is divided into two parts and two Facebook events are created:
- From 13th to 28th January participants will do suryanamaskar at their preferred place with family/friends/colleagues (https://www.facebook.com/events/399052037868602)
- On 29th January all of us will join and perform suryanamaskar together at Sanatan Mandir Slemmstad
Chair and Standing